The aim at Copperfield is to have every child achieve 100% attendance throughout the year. However, the national average for any primary pupil is about 96%, because we understand that children do miss school due to sickness and/or the occasional appointment.
In school we encourage everyone to do their very best and come to school every day and on time.
- We have displays about the importance of attendance around the school
- We celebrate each class’ attendance with a certificate on each classroom door
- We tell you about your child’s attendance during parents evening
- Attendance is spoken about during assemblies
- The class with the best attendance each term receives the trophy
- Pupils with 100% attendance each term will receive a reward
- At the end of the year, those pupils with 100% attendance and most improved attendance will take part in a mystery celebration
For more information please click here to view a recent assembly the children heard about the importance of good attendance.